- Japanese Imports will get cheaper
Hawker food is still cheap and good
Oil prices will stay at U$130. Leading to
- More expensive Electric bills
- More expensive Petrol, Diesel
- More expensive Plastic materials
- Lead to 1-3 years of low rice harvest
- Make Rice more expensive
Sichuan (Shu) Earthquake
- Massive infrastructure damage
- Water control units damaged
- China's greatest domestic agriculture province damaged
- May lead to reduced rice, vegetable and meat exports from China
- Cost of these foodstuff will increase
- Idiots speculating in commodities
- Make my lunch more expensive
No minimum wage
- That's why my pay for my temp job is $5/hr. Monthly pay without OT is about $800.
How to survive?
- They fill jobs, create local demand for food and daily necessities BUT
- keep our wages LOW
So, in short, if you are of the lower income group in Singapore, be prepared to work 2 jobs if you want enough to spend and save.
Sunday, May 25, 2008