Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Burma Cyclone

So, the news reported that Cyclone Nargis has hit Burma and caused unprecended damage for the Burmese people. While I express my condolences to the tens of thousands of dead, injured and homeless, I must state that our lives here in Singapore is also going to be harder in the foreseeable future.

If you can remember, Burma is a rice producing nation and only a selected few countries dares to buy them (Singapore for instance). With the scale of damage sustained by the Irawaddy plain, I doubt Burma rice production can recover in a year's time.

This will further push up Singapore's already 26 year high CPI.

More Good Years Ahead, indeed.

2 comments:

bunbungirl said...

Hi. Is the Japanese animated cartoon good?
Your site is interesting for me
I want to often visit your site from now on.
If you are interested in Anime, please link to my site.
My site has information about Japanese culture
(For example, Japanese manga, animation, games).
Would you introduce information(URL)in your site if you like it?
http://japanesefood-cultuer-history-anime.blogspot.com/

Abao said...

いいよ。