Friday, November 09, 2007

Kotobukiya's Fujibayashi Kyou

Recently, oOgA of Anime Banzai! posted about his CLANNAD figurines arriving from Hobby Link Japan. I thought the Nagisa and Tomoyo was ordinary, but the Kyou figurine caught my eye. She was mesmerizing... so with some favourable circumstances today, I skipped school for 3 hours and bought her along with a copy of Megami Magazine which I'll post later. You can view the pictures individually if you wish to see them at a bigger resolution. (Right-click, view selected picture)

~A day in Okazaki Tomoya's life~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As usual, I was walking along the school corridor when I saw Kyou at the school grounds sitting alone, without her sister Ryou. Seems like she's having a cake down there... Having nothing to do, I went downstairs...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Now at a distance, I can see that she wasn't eating and seemed to be waiting for someone.
“よ、杏...誰か待ってるか?”

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
“アンタですはよ。今日はアンタの誕生日でしょう?”
I was surprised that she remembered my birthday and more so at how she managed to know it when that Sunohara doesn't. Anyway, I was really glad and ate the cake together with her...
~End~

Ok, that wasnt a very good attempt at storyboarding... (=_=) But at least I tried.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This Kyou is nicely Scruplted by Kotobukiya and sells for S$66.00. A friend said it was expensive, but I'm happy with it. If I had gone tomorrow I'm sure it would be all snatched by as in the case of Nayuki (u_u).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As with oOgA, I like this side of the figure. It's visually appealing with superb facial detail and hair detail. The ribbon is also very well made. (^_^)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And the hair. Looks relatively good deshou? Better than some Shana hair that I've seen in figure ads.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Comparison with the box art.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Comparison with the Game art. Haiz, I wish I had mini Bento sets for decor and a nicer background.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is an obligatory shot for Henry (^_^)||
It's white. I'll prefer to take it under a glass but I dont have one so have to make do with my "extra" hand.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lastly, a shot of Kyou with Haruhi and Shana. Haruhi seems very dark in comparison.

No comments: