Thursday, October 25, 2007

What is Law?

We hear our PM Lee Hsien Loong saying that Section 377A will be retained but not enforced. It is of my opinion that Laws should be respected, and when a Law is codified, it has real bite instead of being mere paper tigers.

Doing so completely undermines the whole structure of having a Constitution and Law framework being set up in the first place.

I still think 377A should be repealled, if anyone is wondering, but the point I'm making here is
1. Laws are made to rule, and people are supposed to obey them
2. However, since laws are not enforced in Singapore, does this mean that I can go around commiting all sorts of crime and I will come out unscratched? If so, I have a whole list of things to do. 人生は短い。Might as well kill some oysters.

Haiz...the state of Singapore laws...lamentable.

No comments: