Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Media Viewership o_O

Today, we have the Straits Times reporting that Pay-TV viewership has fallen. http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_169630.html and paints a skeptical outlook for MediaCorp Inc. I wont go into analysing the article for today but 1 or 2 points I would like to point out.

1. Our MSM reports are credible, because they do report the truth, but only half truths. The Straits Times will report the bad side of MediaCorp, and TODAY will report the bad side of SPH. You need to piece one and one together to get the whole picture, get it?

2. Its just my opinion, but Chua Hian Hou tends to take a somewhat harsh view of the online World. I noticed that ODEX saga and now, she paints online downloading as the main culprit of any decline in sales. Well, no matter what, Singaporeans are still paying the annual TV-licenses to MediaCorp, so do they really care about viewership? I'm not really sure.

No comments: